Image credit - Avatar: The Last Airbender - Nickelodeon
Avatar: The Last Airbender
23 Awe-Inspiring Quotes from Avatar: The Last Airbender
by Merkel 
1. The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can touch the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginningless time, darkness thrives in the void, but always yields to purifying light.
2. Revenge is like a two-headed rat-viper. While you watch your enemy go down, you’re being poisoned yourself.
3. If you want to be a bender, you have to let go of fear.
4. Perfection and power are overrated.
5. Its time for you to look inward and begin asking yourself the big questions: Who are you? and What do you want?
6. It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it becomes rigid and stale.
7. Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.
8. There’s nothing wrong with a life of peace and prosperity. I suggest you think about what it is that you want from your life, and why.
9. You think you’re any different from me, or your friends, or this tree? If you listen hard enough, you can hear every living thing breathing together. You can feel everything growing. We’re all living together, even if most folks don’t act like it. We all have the same roots, and we are all branches of the same tree.
10. Without you, all my plans are suddenly possible. I have a vision for the future, Roku.
– Firelord Sozin’s last words to Avatar Roku, and the beginning of the 100-year war
11. No! I will never, ever turn my back on people who need me…
12. I guess you just don’t know people as well as you think you do. You miscalculated. I love Zuko… more than I fear you.
– Mai confronting Princess Azula and essentially committing treason
13. Growing up with six sisters who looked exactly like me. It was like I didn’t even have my own name. I joined the circus because I was scared of spending the rest of my life as part of a matched set. At least I’m different now. Circus freak is a compliment!
14. No matter how things seem to change. Never forget who you are.
– Ursa’s last words to her son, Prince Zuko.
15. It’s because they haven’t made up their minds. They’re waiting to see how this ends. I can see your whole history in your eyes. You were born with nothing so you’ve had to struggle, and connive, and claw your way to power. But true power, the divine right to rule, is something you’re born with. The fact is, they don’t know which one of us is going to be sitting on that throne and which one is going to be bowing down. But I know. And you know.
– Princess Azula, The Coup of Ba Sing Se
16. You will learn respect. And suffering will be your teacher.
17. Destiny? What would a boy know of destiny? If a fish lives its whole life in this river, does he know the river’s destiny? No! Only that it runs on and on out of his control. He may follow where it flows, but he cannot see the end. He cannot imagine the ocean.
18. Tui and La, the moon and ocean, have always circled each other in an eternal dance. They balance each other. Push and Pull. Life and Death. Good and Evil. Yin and Yang.
19. You think you’re the first person to believe their war was justified?! Countless others before you have come here, seeking weapons, weaknesses or battle strategies!
20. I’m gonna tell you something crazy. I never told this to anyone before. But honestly, I’m not sure I can remember what my mother looked like. It really seems like my whole life Katara’s been the one looking out for me. She’s always been the one that’s here. And now when I try to remember my mom, Katara’s face is the only face I can picture.
21. You have indeed felt a great loss. But love is a form of energy, and it swirls all around us. The Air Nomads’ love for you has not left this world. It is still inside of your heart, and is reborn in the form of new love.
22. The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation. Things you think are separate and different are actually one and the same. We are all one people, but we live as if divided.
23. Growing up, we were taught that the Fire Nation was the greatest civilization in history and somehow, the war was our way of sharing our greatness with the rest of the world. What an amazing lie that was! The people of the world are terrified by the Fire Nation! They don’t see our greatness – they hate us! And we deserve it. We’ve created an era of fear in the world. And if we don’t want the world to destroy itself, we need to replace it with an era of peace and kindness.
– Prince Zuko, confronting his father, Firelord Ozai
The 20 Best Avatar: The Last Airbender Quotes
By Kyle McKenney 
“Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.”—Iroh, Episode 2.09 “Bitter Work”
“There is no war in Ba Sing Se.”—Dai Li agent, Episode 2.13 “City of Walls and Secrets”
“This tea is nothing more than hot leaf juice!”—Iroh, Episode 2.13 “City of Walls and Secrets”
“Anyone’s capable of great good and great evil. Everyone, even the Firelord and the Fire Nation, have to be treated like they are worth to be given a chance.”—Aang, Episode 3.16 “The Avatar and The Firelord”
“Sharing tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life’s true delights.”—Iroh, Episode 2.08 “The Chase”
“As long as I’m confident with who I am, it doesn’t matter what other people think”—Smellerbee, Episode 2.12 “The Serpent’s Pass”
“For so long I thought that if my dad accepted me, I’d be happy. I’m back home now. My dad talks to me, he even thinks I’m a hero. Everything should be perfect, right? I should be happy now, but I’m not. I’m angrier than ever and I don’t know why.”—Zuko, Episode 3.15 “The Beach”
“It’s easy to do nothing, it’s hard to forgive.” Aang, Episode 3.16 “The Southern Raiders”
“Sometimes life is like this tunnel. You can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place.”—Iroh, Episode 2.19 “The Crossroads of Destiny”
“My father says Azula was born lucky. He says I was lucky to be born.”—Zuko, Episode 1.20 “The Siege of the North, Part 2”
”Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not.”—Uncle Iroh, Episode 2.13 “City of Walls Secrets
“Secret tunnel! Secret tunnel! Through the mountain! Secret, secret, secret, secret tunnel! Yeah!”—Earth Kingdom Nomads, Episode 2.02 “The Cave of Two Lovers”
“It’s the quenchiest!” Sokka, Episode 2.11
“You have come to the crossroads of your destiny. It is time for you to choose. It is time for you to choose good.”—Iroh, Episode 2.20 “The Crossroads of Destiny”
”I know now that no one can give you your honor. It’s something you earn for yourself by choosing to do what’s right.”—Zuko, Episode 3.11 “The Western Air Temple”
“The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation. Things you think are separate and different are actually one and the same. We are all one people, but we live as if divided.”—Guru Pathik, Episode 2.19 “The Guru”
“I am not Toph, I am Melon Lord! Mwahahah!”—Toph, Episode 3.18 “Sozin’s Comet”
“Some friendships are so strong, they can even transcend lifetimes.”—Roku, Episode 3.06 “The Avatar and the Firelord”
“There is nothing wrong with a life of peace and prosperity. I suggest you think about what it is you want from your life, and why.”—Iroh, Episode 2.17 “Lake Laogai”
“My cabbages!!”—The Cabbage Merchant
 Kyle McKenney