Reprinted from the post by L. Ron Gardner, admin of the Meditation-Consciousness-Spirituality FB discussion group.
A SUMMARY OF THE SITE AND CORE PRACTICE
Welcome to Meditation-Consciousness-Spirituality. This Facebook group is primarily about – what else – meditation, consciousness, and spirituality. Although the emphasis of this site is on Divine Yoga (a.k.a. the mystical Christian Eucharist, Tibetan Buddhist Dzogchen, Kashmir Shaivism Shaktipat Yoga, Adi Da Samraj’s Divine Communion) and the Divine Yoga meditation method I teach -- Plugged-in Presence -- posts on other types of meditation and subjects pertaining to consciousness, awakening, and spiritual philosophy are welcome.
The Plugged-in Presence practice that I teach is elaborated in my texts “Electrical Christianity: A Revolutionary Guide to Jesus’ Teachings and Spiritual Enlightenment” and “Beyond the Power of Now: A Guide to, and Beyond, Eckhart Tolle’s Teachings.” In short, the goal of Plugged-in Presence meditation is to plug into the Now (Divine Presence), draw down the Power of Now (Divine Power), and unite one’s consciousness (or soul) with this Power, or Clear-Light Energy. The Christian term “Holy Spirit,” the Hindu term “Shakti,” and the Buddhist term “Sambhogakaya” are synonyms for Divine Power and are used interchangeably in my teachings. The Plugged-in Presence Instructions that follow are from my book “Electrical Christianity,” and they provides basic instructions for those wishing to practice this method. Although the instructions are numbered, be advised that they overlap and intertwine and do not have to be practiced in the order in which they are presented.
PLUGGED-IN PRESENCE INSTRUCTIONS
1) Sit upright, but relaxed, on a chair, bench, or meditation cushion.
2) Establish what the Buddha called ‘self-possession.’ In other words, feel yourself as the whole body, and then be consciously present as the whole body, the whole psycho-physical being. Randomly focusing your attention on your third-eye area and hands will enable you to coincide with your body, and thereby heal the body-mind split. When you consciously inhabit your whole body — and are wholly, or integrally, present to the whole (the totality of existence) — you are in proper position to receive and conduct the Holy Spirit, the Force-flow from above.
3) ‘Gaze’ into empty space. If you are ‘self-possessed,’ this ‘gaze’ will amount to being whole-bodily present to (or in direct relationship to) the void. As soon as you become aware that you have retracted from your ‘position’ of conscious connectedness to (or single-pointed focus on) the void, simply reassume, or attempt to reassume, your ‘stance’ of holistic at-one-ment. To this end, you can randomly use an enquiry (such as ‘Avoiding relationship?’) to instigate your resumption of communion with the void. When the void begins to ‘shine,’ it is experienced as Divine Presence. When the Power of the Presence pours down upon you, then ‘emptiness’ has morphed into Spirit, and your ‘gaze into space’ has transmuted into empowered Divine Communion.
4) Randomly focus your attention on your breath by being in direct relationship to your breathing cycle. When the breath ‘comes alive’ as prana-shakti, or palpable intensified life-energy, simply remain present to it. Your communion with the breath cycle will transmute into true, or infused, Divine Communion when the prana-shakti morphs into the Holy Spirit — the great Shakti poured down from above.
5) Totally relax your body (including your head) and utterly let go of your mind. Once you are able to connect to the Shakti, you will directly experience that letting go intensifies the force-flow (or pressure) of the Spirit-current. Be an empty cup, ready to be filled with Holy Water from above. When you experience the Benediction, the Divine downpour, remain motivelessly present to it. Your searchless beholding of the Shakti will enable you to spontaneously merge with it.
These technical meditation instructions are all about facilitating communion, and then union, with the Divine. It is up to you to test them out and determine how useful they are for your spiritual practice. Truly speaking, no spiritual practice, in and of itself, is holy or sacred. The only ‘Thing’ holy or sacred is the Holy One Himself (including His Holy Spirit). Therefore, whatever practices bring you into communion with the Holy One are the ones that you should employ.
Electrical Christianity: A Revolutionary Guide to Jesus' Teachings and Spiritual Enlightenment
Paperback – July 23, 2013
by L. Ron Gardner
Electrical Christianity is a revolutionary guide to Jesus' teachings and spiritual en-Light-enment. It provides clear-cut, in-depth instructions on how to directly "plug into" the Divine Being, the Holy One, and literally "pull down" His Power. Grace is not an abstract principle; it is the palpable experience of God's Spirit Power--and anyone who religiously (or devotedly and intensely) practices the discipline of true Holy Communion presented in this book can experience the descent of Divine Power, the Holy Spirit.
The true Eucharist, the practice of Holy Communion (which in its "awakened" form implies reception of the Holy Spirit), is the very heart of real Christianity, and the foremost method for attaining salvation (spiritual en-Light-enment). Electrical Christianity not only details the radical (or gone-to-the-root) practice of Holy Communion, but also analogizes it to an electrical circuit. The Eucharist is simply Ohm's Law applied to spirituality, and once you grasp the Eucharist-Ohm's Law connection, which is explicated in this book, you'll become like Jesus: a spiritual revolutionary.
In addition to explicating the Eucharist-Ohm's Law connection, the book also sheds penetrating light on psychology, politics, and sociology. It presents a vision of integral psychology that differs markedly from Ken Wilber's, considers Jesus' politics in a modern context, and examines the history and future of Christianity in the New (or Aquarian) Age.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.