Life offers its gifts in sweet moments: closeness shared, the beautiful woods of the Black Forest, and the bakeries of the village!
The seasons will be turning soon, as the first flowers of Spring are already defying the frozen cold of Winter, and the promise of new life is in the air.
We are also feeling a promise of moving on.
- from a postcard to my sister
Our next steps will lead us to Portugal, to a man and his six year old daughter, whose Workaway profile reaches out for a 'new mindset of family.'
We feel well satisfied with our experience at the Spiritbalance Sadhana Ashram. I am still reflecting on such things as the group healing session written about in Zero Point 008 and realize I was touched not by the technique but by the Ubuntu of ten people who gathered voluntarily for the healing of one.
The day after the group healing, some of us gathered again for an introduction to 'Akashic Reading.' The theory was hard for me to follow, and the practice though interesting left me wondering. What people pay to learn in complicated techniques is often simply innate human ability, which can be applied by listening to inner guidance and trusting in who and what one is.
In recent days two bright young women moved on from the ashram, and a young man arrived for work exchange. He introduced me to the 'vortex based math' of Marko Rodin. What once might have captured my fascination left me feeling cold. I am moving away also from intellectual thought and excessive verbiage.
Rather than from thought, I live from essence. In essence, there are no thoughts, no definitions, no words. There is only Being.
However, one idea from vortex math still intrigues me: 'numbers are alive.'
... Dark Matter, the vibratory essence of all that exists, is no longer on its elusive hide and seek trip -- it has been found! With the introduction of Vortex-Based Mathematics you will be able to see how energy is expressing itself mathematically. This math has no anomalies and shows the dimensional shape and function of the universe as being a toroid or donut-shaped black hole. This is the template for the universe and it is all within our base ten decimal system!
... You have entered a place where Numbers are Real and Alive not merely symbols for other things. You will discover that the relationships between numbers are not random or man-made but that numbers are actually elementary particles of which everything is composed... - from Rodinaerodynamics
On at least three different days, while writing to or talking with the man we are going to in Portugal, Kati and I glanced at the time and it was 11:11. Our bus is scheduled to arrive at our destination at 11:00 p.m. on February 11.
For now my focus is on the practical aspects of packing and cleaning again, and the logistics of moving with excessive luggage. We chose for this adventure not to fly but to ride.
Last night I had a dream from life memories which left me in a fog when I awakened wondering why I had not invited my mom and dad to lunch. Then I realized, 'Oh, they are gone.' Mom passed in 1983 and Dad in 2011.
I said and thought, 'What is real is what is Now, and I am grateful for what is,' and the mental fog lifted. My mind was clear again.
Here are some parting shots from our visit to the Black Forest:
This morning, on our last full day at the ashram, one of the community members offered to lead a group of us in a moving meditation. It was such a beautiful ending to our time here.
Photos and videos of the meditation we did in the ashram seminar room today, to the music from the CD, 'Meditation der vier Himmelsrichtungen' by Jabrane Mohamed Sebnat, are posted on Zero Point 009.
The zero point (still point, center point,) within the human body — which we kept returning to in the moving meditation — feels to me my primary focus as I move forward.
Heart Breathing is 'Integrating the Body with Movement' and the moving meditation is certainly one way.
Philosophizing a bit in anticipation of establishing a new mindset of family, I started a draft shared below.
A NEW MINDSET OF FAMILY
February 8, 2018
In a way, the slogan of the Australian Outback Steakhouse sounds like freedom and fun: 'No Rules. Just Right.'
However, knowing the tendency of the conditioned human to go to unbalanced extremes, some rules are useful. It is of course a matter of perspective, and when establishing a 'new mindset of family,' clarity of vision is needed.
We can call them 'inner guidelines to be respected.'
1. Rather than animal cruelty, animal caring. No meat eating.
2. Rather than earth exploitation, earth stewardship. Rather than taking and using as wanted, communing with and respecting. Using environmentally friendly products. Recycling, re-using, restoring. Seeing the whole picture.
3. Rather than a hierarchical social system, one that is as egalitarian as practical. Still, in some situations, a last word may be needed. It should be clear and agreed upon in advance who will have the last word for their given area of responsibility.
4. Rather than toxic electronics, minimal electro-smog and noise. Appreciation of the sounds and silences of nature.
5. Rather than run-away ego pursuits, mindfulness and inner work. Mirroring and supporting each other with agreement. Gnothi seauton - Know thyself. Nothing in excess.
6. Rather than clutter for convenience or comfort, beauty and aesthetics for flow of energies.
7. Rather than apathy, empathy.
8. Rather than barriers, openness while respecting boundaries.
9. Rather than taking, giving.
Caring and sharing are essential for people 'on the path.' That is, putting the quality of caring into actions without having to be seen, and sharing from one's authentic nature unconditionally. No one always lives up to these, and that is why it is called a path, a process. Living in community or a new mindset of family offers opportunities to be each other's mirrors.
10. Rather than business for profit and personal gain, business motivated by providing sustainable service for the good of all.
11. Rather than Exerting Power, Emanating Presence.