Whether or not I am any nearer to enlightenment now than I was forty years ago, I do not know. Before I activated kundalini, I was a tangle of lost perspectives and jumbled thinking. And yet, back then, even as a preteen, I knew an ultimate being existed in me and that I could self-actualize. My childish consciousness envisaged such a transformation.
Higher Consciousness and Kundalini
At the site linked above, there are questions. I offer my current perspective:
• If there's such a state as higher consciousness, does lower consciousness also exist?
Oneness consciousness (the Void) has no borders, no boundaries, no distinctions. The Void is always everywhere. There is no place that it is not, except for example in human awareness constricted by thoughts, emotions, and inner tensity. Everyone to their metaphor, and mine now is that of expanding my awareness to Void consciousness. It is both creative and conceptual. In other words, I am an active participant in the process.
• How do higher and lower consciousness relate to each other?
I see the relation as Void consciousness to human awareness. And that the Void, the cosmos of consciousness, is the True Self of us all.
• Is consciousness — higher or lower and all states in-between — relative or absolute?
The Void is absolute. Human awareness is relative.
• Are the various levels of consciousness definable by various manifestations?
• Is Enlightenment the highest state of consciousness?
Enlightenment is a metaphor, as are awakening and actualization. My metaphor is awareness expansion, and as the Void is limitless, so is the expansion.
• How does kundalini affect consciousness?
I don't know.
• What if both relative consciousness and absolute consciousness exist?
I see it more as contained, localized consciousness and uncontained, non-localized consciousness.
None of this is worth a pee hole in the snow, however, unless the expanding awareness is embodied, with evidence in the quality of one's actions. The primary quality of the Void is Love for Love Itself.